Monday, December 8, 2008

Off the injured list, and "you're crazy"

After doing 4 miles last week during the group walk (and standing far too long afterwards), I was officially on the injured list! I was on the feet propped up, ice on the ankles, then in bed for a sunny Sunday list. (Although sleeping in was nice. Until the dog puked in the bed. But that's another story!)

So, this week, I decided that I needed to take an easy week, and not do any standing afterwards. No craft fairs. No baking. Taking it easy. We did our group walk on part of the marathon course for the first time, which was awesome! I did 3 miles through neighborhoods in Green Hills. It was fantastic! There were great houses to look at, I discovered that my friend Candice's apartment is right on the route, and we got to meet a very nice lab (who does not like cars!)

After walking, I was talking with some of the other people who have done the marathon before, and they were talking about the number of people who told them they were crazy and actually tried to get them to quit.

In the immortal words of Britney Spears... "You say I'm crazy? I GOT your crazy!!!"

Luckily, I've gotten nothing but support so far! Thank you, thank you! I promise to figure out how to post some pictures soon. I'll take one of me in my beautiful reflective vest.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/tn/cmc09/jlevins

No comments: