Saturday, January 24, 2009

A long overdue update!

Hi, strangers!

It has been a long time since I've posted anything. Apparently I was a little busier than I thought I would be over the holidays! However, that didn't stop me from training!

I've walked in the cold, walked in the rain, walked in the mall, pretty much everywhere it seems! I think that no matter what April 25th throws at me, I'll be ready!

Since my last update, thanks to everyone on my team, I've blown past where I thought I would be at this point. In fact, I've gone over 6 miles! (Not quite to 7 though... Next week...)

I'm now a card-carrying member of the YMCA, and my roommate and I have become quite the gym-rats. I'm not very good at walking on a treadmill yet! I keep walking into the emergency stop. The machines actually have televisions on them! TELEVISIONS! You can exercise and watch The Biggest Loser at the same time! (Bob and Jillian would be so proud.)

As far as the blisters go, I think that thanks to runner's glide, they might be under control! That is, if I remember to wear it... Today, I put it on under my sports bra to prevent chafing, but didn't put it on my feet! I realized that I was an idiot about 2 miles in, and you can't change anything then.

My new favorite place to walk is Percy Warner park. The hills are killer (I kept reminding myself that if I keep doing it, my ass will look great in jeans...), but it is a BEAUTIFUL walk! I can't wait until spring to see everything in bloom!

The only bad thing that I've learned is that Cytomax (the sports drink they're providing at the race) and I... shall we say... don't get along. So I'll have to stick with my beloved orange Gatoraide.

This girl needs a nap! Talk to you soon!

No comments: